I pretty much had to force myself to baste this quilt. I kept putting it off! I figured it wasn’t getting any smaller so I may as well just do it.
I’m not sure how I’m going to quilt it yet. It’s going to be a challenge getting all that maneuvered around on my sewing space. I’d like to do a nice grid but I think honestly I would get bored with it partway through and I’m pretty sure the straight lines would get all wiggly at some point.
After crawling around on the floor, pinning and scooting and trying to keep my foot from falling asleep, I’m done for today.
I used this lovely pink with gold arrow fabric for the back. The arrows are vertical on the back, which is what I wanted. Yay. I’m thinking about using this black with arrows for the binding, but I need to see how it looks first. I’ll do that by cutting a strip and folding it in half, just like a binding strip. If it doesn’t work out, I can use the pink.
This project has actually gone together faster than I thought it would. In the past I have waited until the last minute to start on “auction quilts.” It kind of forces me to do it in a timely fashion.
It’s nice to have a little extra time…..